Standard 5 – Act in a way that promotes trust in the profession
Set a good example. Remember that both your public and private behaviour could affect your own reputation and that of the Institute and other members.
In practice this includes, but is not limited to, behaving as follows:
- Promote what you and the profession stand for – the highest standards
- Understand that being a professional is more than just about how you behave at work; it’s also about how you behave in your private life
- Fulfill your obligations – do what you say you will
- Always try to meet the spirit of your professional standards and not just the letter of the standards
Some of the key questions that you could ask yourself include:
- Do my actions promote the profession in the best light possible?
- What is the best way for me to promote trust in myself, my company and the profession?
- Do I explain and promote the benefits, the checks and balances that exist with the professional services that I provide?