Prince of Wales Forest Leadership Award
The Prince of Wales Forest Leadership Award is a partnership initiative between ICF, the Canadian Institute of Forestry (CIF-IFC) and the Duchy of Cornwall, which offers selected UK students the opportunity to take part in a work placement exchange with Canada.
Endorsed by HRH the Prince of Wales, the Forest Leadership Award will recognise outstanding students in the UK and Canada, and encourage their personal and professional development through employment experiences. It aims to identify and nurture future forestry leaders and provides them with the necessary technical and financial resources to ensure the success of their international work placement. Participants will gain the broadest possible range of interdisciplinary forestry experience in policy, planning, and practice. Participating students will also benefit from knowledge and cultural exchange between fellow students, employers and host countries (Canada & United Kingdom).
Award winners are offered summer employment opportunities in Canada, in addition to a bursary of C$12,000 total (C$6,000 sponsored by TD Bank Group and C$6,000 from employer) to help cover travel and living expenses.
Who Can Apply?
In order to apply for this award, you must be a citizen of the United Kingdom and able to travel to Canada. Students who have spent 3 years in a forestry, arboriculture or natural resources programme at a higher educational level within the UK, would be eligible to go on the exchange after:
- the 2nd year of a 3 year degree or 3rd year of a 4 year degree course, or;
- on graduating with a degree, or;
- on graduating with a Master degree.
To be eligible for this award, you must be a student member of the Institute of Chartered Foresters.
Applications are now closed.
ICF Development Director
0117 916 6427
Duchy of Cornwall
- Canada Partnership to Promote Forestry Careers (News)
- Prince of Wales Forest Leadership Award Winners Announced (news)
- Top Forestry Placements Announced for Prince of Wales Award Winners (News)
- Forestry Award Winners Meet The Prince of Wales (News)
- Learning Camp Life in British Columbia – David Johnes (Blog)
- Algonquin Bound – Keira Tedd (Blog)
- Meeting the Next Generation of Forest Leaders – Russell Horsey (Blog)
- Tree Marking to Tourist: My Illuminating Month in Algonquin (Blog)
- Keira Tedd: Homeward Bound (Blog)
- David Johnes: Three Months Later in British Columbia…(Blog)