We have an exciting opportunity to recruit an Associate level Surveyor to join our Rural team as a Forest Manager, this is a rewarding and varied role working on woodland management and creation, focusing on increasing the managed portfolio and working with other service lines within the firm. Location is flexible but the chosen person will need to be connected to one of our offices listed.
- Assist the head of department with the development of the business as well as delivering the work on the ground.
- Assist/prepare and manage budgets; undertake report writing, produce client reports
- Conduct felling applications and apply for forestry grants
- Harvesting and Marketing responsibilities
- All aspects of woodland management, creation and establishment
- Attend client meetings
- Prepare and submit Forest Management plans and Grant Application
- Cost control and budgeting
- Site supervision and safety management
What will it take to be successful?
As a key member of a high-performing team, you will have previous Forest Management and planning experience, along with the ability to apply for forestry grants and their administration, you will be comfortable operating in a competitive and commercial environment. To be successful in this role, you must be professional, self-motivated and be capable of working on their own and as part of a team. You will have proven operational experience in a similar role where you have been involved with the management of woodland creation, mixed estate management, delivering woodland management plans as well as supporting others within both the forestry and arboriculture team.
As a Forest Manager you will be working with clients and Carter Jonas staff demonstrating excellent communication and organisation skills, together with the ability to identify, analyse and solve technical problems. Previous experience of working with contractors, project management and managing health & safety are all highly desirable. A current full driving licence is required to perform the remit of the role.
Along with the relevant academic qualifications, you will be highly organised with excellent communication skills, be IT literate and have a sound knowledge of silviculture. We are looking for someone with professional acumen who are commercially aware and have a sound understanding of the rural sector. Professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or another relevant professional body is desirable.