Tilhill is at the forefront of the provision of nature-based solutions that help ﬁght climate change in the most natural way. Our South Scotland forestry region is the largest region within our business both in terms of hectares of land managed and number of staff and therefore plays a key role in our business development aspirations.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to be a key member of our Nithsdale & Annandale Area forestry team in the role of Forest Manager or Senior Forest Manager depending on experience.
In this role you will be responsible for delivering a professional high-quality woodland management service to our existing clients together with other on-going forestry related opportunities, including woodland creation. The role includes building sound client relationships and, day to day, the preparation of client estimates, production of reports, implementation and control of work programmes and grant applications, and providing support to the wider team.
As an experienced forestry professional, with a background in forestry (or other related sector), you are able to demonstrate your strong commercial acumen and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships. In addition, you’ll have:
- Strong client relationship management and team working skills
- Good knowledge of the UK Forestry Standard and UKWAS
- Professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or another relevant professional body is desirable
- Full UK driving licence.
If you are excited and highly motivated by the opportunity to work with the team and grow the significant potential that sits within one of the UK’s most dynamic forestry regions, then this role is for you.
In return, you can look forward to developing a long-term career with one of the industry’s leading employers. In addition to the competitive salary and company car, this position also includes excellent benefits such as:
- Company provided health plan and life assurance policy
- Company sick pay, enhanced with length of service
- Company pension
- 31 days (inclusive of bank holidays) holiday entitlement, enhanced with length of service
- Funded learning and career development opportunities
- Discounted rate on a range of BSW products
- Employee benefits portal with access to exclusive deals and discounts on 100s of high street brands, utilities, eating out and more!
- Confidential 24/7 support with Wellbeing Hub
- Cycle to Work scheme.
Closing Date for Applications: 29 February 2024
The Company’s Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available at www.tilhill.com/about-us/careers
Tilhill is an Equal Opportunities Employer.