As one of eleven Advisors within the Woodland Programme Team, you will prepare field and forest based technical assessments as part of providing a verification service to Welsh Government’s Woodland Creation and Woodland Restoration grant schemes in compliance with the scheme rules and UK Forestry Standard.
You will liaise with Natural Resources Wales colleagues and a range of external stakeholders.
Frequent travel across Wales is required. A full driving licence is beneficial however we may consider other options or methods of travel proposed from candidates.
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following:
• Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to forestry land management and agriculture; Welsh, UK Government policy drivers in land management including forestry and agriculture as set out in the Welsh Government’s Glastir programme; and the issues and opportunities in Wales.
• Experience of: technical analysis and interpretation of a range of environmental information and data; including analysing large data sets.
• Working with/in Welsh Government, across the forestry sector and other land management organisations.
• Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and/or qualifications.
• You will be a member of a relevant professional institution and/or working towards membership.