Woodland Creation Design: One Day, interactive Workshops for Woodland Creation Applicants.
Forestry Commission England and the Institute of Chartered Foresters are delivering interactive woodland creation design workshops across England in June 2018. These workshops will provide practical and technical information and advice on how to design new woodlands that fit within the landscape and accommodate features of interest.
Each workshop will go through the different stages of the design process based on the principles set out in the UK Forestry Standard (UKFS). Delegates will gain a clear understanding of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) regulations for afforestation, including the information land managers need to gather and how this can be obtained. There will also be the opportunity to put any questions you might have to Forestry Commission England staff.
- 5 June 2018 | The Cullompton Centre, Cullompton
- 6 June 2018 | High Ashurst Outdoor Learning Centre, Dorking
- 11 June 2018 | The Cedar Centre, Peterborough
- 12 June 2018 | Green Woods Centre, Telford
- 27 June 2018 | Myerscough College, Preston
- 28 June 2018 | Scotch Corner Hotel, Darlington
In preparation for the workshops delegates will be asked to complete and return an EIA enquiry form based on an example site. Guidance will be provided on how to complete the activity which should take no more than 1 hour. This preparation exercise will enable delegates to feed in to the interactive aspect of the workshops to improve their knowledge via structured, technical learning. During the workshop delegates will continue to work through the case study to produce a Woodland Creation Design Plan.
In addition to the workshop activity, presentations will be given on choosing an appropriate site, species selection and operational plans. These interactive workshops will enable delegates to:
• Match objectives to available grants
• Identify EIA management via grant applications
• Identify constraints
• Interpret ESC
• Develop woodland creation design plans
• Identify appropriate ground preparation
Registration is mandatory and booking is open to all. As spaces are limited, early booking is recommended.
Don’t miss your opportunity to attend this valuable CPD event.