Following our highly successful company merger in January 2022 our forestry team has experienced substantial growth. As we continue to expand our operations and unique service offer, we recognise the need for a skilled and experienced Woodland Manager to work alongside and under the guidance of our dynamic senior forestry and land management team.
As a Woodland Manager you will be responsible for:
- Conducting assessments, pricing, planning, and execution of forestry contracts.
- Developing comprehesive management plans for clients’ woodlands.
- Applying for and negotiating grant applications.
- Timber marketing.
- Providing clear instructions and briefings to contractors and staff for efficient operations.
- Conducting thorough health and safety audits on site to ensure compliance.
- Driving specific business development initiatives for the division, as required.
- Securing relevant permissions, such as felling licences and permits, for work activities.
- Collaborating with colleagues to offer expert advice on emerging opportunities for woodland owners, including agroforestry, carbon initiatives and Continuous Cover Forestry (CCF).