Highfield Forestry manages forests in Scotland, Wales and England and due to continued expansion of the business, are seeking to fill several positions. Our approach to forest management is different. We have dedicated teams who work within the specialism of planning or forest operations who work together to deliver the best outcome to our clients.
Over the past two years we have developed our own in-house software for company management, this web-based system incorporates all aspects of our work and ensures continued compliance with our ISO certificates and FSC scheme. A key function of the system is the integrated GIS for forest management which combines subcompartment data, forest modelling and decision support systems with compliance and budgets. Full training on our bespoke system will be provided.
The individual will be responsible for the delivery of forest operations liaising with contractors and stakeholders to deliver approved plans in restocking and woodland creation, supervising harvesting jobs and infrastructure projects.
Ideal Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant forestry qualification and understanding of UKFS and UKWAS
- Understanding of grant schemes and EIA requirements for project delivery
- Computer literate, including GIS software (QGIS)
- Outdoor working
- Surveying work, including vegetation, drones operations, mensuration
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Teamwork – working in a small team to deliver demanding projects for clients
Professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or another relevant professional body is desirable.