To provide technical guidance and support relating to Forest Operations and monitor standards of delivery. This technical/specialist advice will inform the development of NRW policy, plans, strategies, systems, guidance and training about how to achieve the silvicultural, environmental and safety standards required. You will work with colleagues from other teams in EPP and Operations, officials from WG and sector representatives.
You will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following:
- Professional membership or working towards professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or another relevant professional body within an agreed timescale.
- Knowledge of: Welsh, UK and EU legislation related to Forestry. Welsh, UK Government policy drivers in forestry; and the issues and opportunities on the NRW Estate.
- Knowledge and experience of timber harvesting operations and sustainable forest management
- Experience of technical analysis and interpretation of a range of complex environmental information and data sources.
- Working with companies in the Forest Industry and where necessary with, local authorities, eNGOs, National Parks.
- Working in a programme and project management environment with Project Management experience and/or qualifications.
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and Flexible Working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days Annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous Leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and Wellbeing Benefits and Support
- Weekly Well-being Hour to use at your choice