Your New Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, knowledgeable and commercially minded leader to take responsibility for forestry management and professional work undertaken by our Inverness team and help expand our portfolio of clients. You will work closely with the Forestry Business Stream head and Inverness Partners in delivering excellent forestry and natural capital services to existing clients and developing new work. Excellent career progression opportunities exist.
We are one of the largest land and woodland managers operating across Scotland and North England with influence over the management of around 1,500,000 hectares of land. Galbraith forestry manages over 30,000 hectares of privately owned commercial and estate forestry and delivers woodland creation schemes of all types up and down the country, ranging from farm woodlands to upland plantations and landscape scale native woodland schemes. We work closely with colleagues on valuation, sales and acquisition of rural assets. Galbraith is a leader in the emerging carbon and natural capital markets, actively developing woodland and peatland carbon projects alongside innovative work on natural capital assessment and delivery of ecosystem services.
As well as managing your own workload, you will supervise and manage the wider forestry team and associated income and operational budgets in Inverness with a focus on:
- Planning and implementing woodland management and woodland creation projects
- Planning and implementing wider natural capital projects including peatland restoration and habitat and biodiversity improvement
- Preparation and management of standing timber sales, monitoring harvesting operations and maximising associated returns to clients.
- Organising and supervising forestry and woodland contract operations using independent contractors including new planting, restocking and a wide range of woodland maintenance operations.
- Monitoring woodland operations for UKWAS purposes
- Securing necessary consents and appropriate grants
- Woodland assessment, mapping, preparation of reports and long term plans Communicating closely with colleagues and clients