This post will be the national lead for forestry regulations; managing the felling regulation procedures and assisting Conservancies, ensuring that guidance is up-to-date, and training is available.
You will be the point of contact for advice, interpretation of legislation, escalated decisions, and to assist with responses, such as to appeals or complaints. You will also help to manage the processes for forest planning and will monitor delivery processes across Conservancies, ensuring that Scottish Forestry are delivering our regulatory responsibilities in a consistent manner and in line with Scotland’s Forest Strategy.
- Responsible for the management of forestry regulations through the provision of technical and process advice and support to Conservancies for the delivery of the forestry regulations.
- Manage forestry regulations guidance and update procedures in line with legislation and other developments.
- Plan, develop and deliver training and support materials for forestry regulations, including felling and Forest Plans.
- Work with other teams in Scottish Forestry to develop IT processes to support the delivery of regulations.
- Contribute to the wider work of the Scottish Forestry team particularly in relation to regulatory work.
This is a full-time vacancy, based on a 37 hour week.
We’re a flexible employer and encourage applicants who wish to work a flexible working pattern to apply – all requests will be considered.