About the team
The North Region team manage and care for public land stretching from the Isle of Skye to the woodlands in and around Inverness in the east, and includes the native woodlands of Speyside and the vast restored peatlands in the north. The work we do is diverse and can be challenging, and the Planning and Environment team, which is where this post sits, is responsible for:
• Preparing long term plans that set out how we will manage the land to meet a wide range of objectives.
• Identifying and coordinating the programmes of work that deliver our plans and look ahead to making sure we are resourced to meet our objectives.
• Restoring extensive areas of peatland and native woodland, alongside other habitat restoration and species diversity objectives.
• Liaising and coordinating our negotiations with renewables and infrastructure developers, and with various regulatory bodies, including Scottish Forestry.
• Working with all other teams to ensure that we plan to support silvicultural diversity; efficient roading and access; and tackle climate change challenges across the region – from managing steep ground to diversifying species.
Our colleagues are experts in their field. We get to work outdoors, we’re knowledgeable about modern forestry and wider land management, and committed to managing land to adapt to climate change, secure carbon, improve biodiversity and create great places for the people of Scotland.
What you will do
There are two Planning Manager roles in the Region. Between you, you will share the following responsibilities:
• Oversee the preparation of our ten year land management plans aiming to make the most of the land that we manage to achieve a wide range of objectives.
• Oversee the wide ranging programmes of work that efficiently deliver these plans and turn them into reality.
• Establish and support how we integrate renewables and projects across the estate.
• Lead the identification and implementation of management to support biodiversity, habitat and species priorities across North Region.
• Lead and support a motivated team.