The path of sustained business growth continues and the opportunities that lie ahead are genuinely exciting. If you’re looking for a career in forestry that is rewarding and challenges you to be your best, then perhaps this isn’t just another advert for a forest manager. Moreover, we offer an opportunity to be part of a passionate and committed business that values and actively supports each team member in their role. Focused on delivering forestry advice to the highest standards, we offer a flexible approach to achieving work-life balance.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and ambitious, ready to conscientiously support a team with an expanding portfolio.
• Assist in a full range of forestry operations
• Assist in overseeing the successful delivery of operational programmes to meet client objectives, compliant with health and safety, regulatory and environmental legislation
• Communicate directly with clients in a professional and confident manner, verbally and in written forms
• Assist in the coordination of the full range of establishment and maintenance of young conifer, mixed and broadleaved crops on restock or new planting sites, across upland and lowland settings
• Assist in preparation of accurate budgets, annual reports, and financial forecasts
• Assist in the programming of thinning and felling and undertake timber assessment, marking and mensuration where appropriate
• Participate in the development of new business opportunities within the region
Training and support will be provided to introduce the successful applicant to company systems and procedures. Further training is provided to allow the candidate to develop their role and specialisms within the business over time.
Qualifications & Experience
The ideal candidate would be expected to have the following:
• Customer focus, the ability to actively listen and deliver accurately to meet the needs of the client.
• Demonstrate relevant academic learning through a diploma, degree or masters in forestry, or other land, business or science-based degree.
• Have attained, or be working towards, their professional ICF accreditation
• Clean, Full UK Drivers Licence
Personal skills especially suited to the role include:
• Diligent and professional in your approach to work
• Motivated to deliver a high-quality service to clients
• Work constructively with an experienced and dedicated team, but also be confident in working on your own.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in written word
• Proven business acumen, and a desire to develop and grow the portfolio over time.
• Proficiency with IT systems, with experience of Office 365 suite and GIS.