This role is to contribute towards the delivery of the delegated forest operations programme in the Western Forest Operations Team based from Llandovery within the South Western Region (Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire). You will be working alongside the Officers, Senior Officers and Team Leader, within the ‘place’, to contribute to the sustainable management of Natural Resources Wales’ land.
Specifically, you will assist with the planning and contract supervision of a number of both harvesting and establishment sites across the SW region. You will support the Contract Manager and Team Leader in the delivery of this programme, ensuring statutory responsibilities and contract compliance.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Deliver technical advice for specific sector or technical issues.
- Deliver work plans, and delivery of agreed actions to contribute to business planning.
- Participate in NRW technical groups.
- Interact with peers in NRW to promote consistent industry and specialist subject practices.
- Have responsibility for direct delivery of delegated programmes.
You will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Experience of working in land management disciplines.
- Knowledge of sustainable forest management, UKWAS and forest certification schemes.
- Knowledge of forest planning and forest operations.
- Professional Membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or another relevant
professional body is desirable
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- Agile and flexible working
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- Generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- Health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
- Competitive financial rewards to enhance your monthly pay