About our Organisation
The Soil Association, formed in 1946, is the only UK charity which works across the spectrum of human health, the environment and animal welfare. That’s because we cannot tackle these issues in isolation.
Soil Association Certification offers a huge range of organic and sustainable certification schemes across food, farming, catering, health and beauty, textiles and forestry which are recognised and trusted by consumers and businesses around the world. We’re the UK’s leading organic certifier – you’ll find our symbol on over 70% of organic products.
About the Opportunity
Soil Association Certification Limited is based in Bristol, UK. We are a friendly team who work collaboratively to deliver market assurance of FSC and PEFC responsible forest management and forest product supply chains across over 60 countries. We work closely with our global team of locally based contracted auditors. There are loads of day to day challenges, rewards and opportunities in the role such as engaging with stakeholders, planning audits, answering technical questions and reviewing audit reports through to managing records on our database systems. You will be joining the team managing SA Forestry work in Northwest Europe, North America, Scandinavia and Oceania and contributing more widely as necessary. Most of the work is office based but can include both international travel and certification audits once fully trained.
You will have:
- Experience in forestry or timber processing industries and certification auditing
- Experience of managing heavy and varied workloads
- Experience of team working
You will be:
- Inquisitive and interested
- Comfortable with standards and QMS systems
- Great with people
- Well organised and good at time management
- Confident about prioritising and delegating
- Fluent in English
Professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or another relevant professional body is desirable.
We offer a range of financial and lifestyle benefits to all our employees, including:
- 27 days annual holiday increasing to 30 days with length of service plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with ethical investment options and employer contribution increasing with length of service
- Free membership of the Soil Association and discounts on organic produce
- Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
- Family friendly policies and flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sociable and engaging workplace of professionals that share a passion for healthy, sustainable lifestyle and produce.
Hours: Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
Fixed Term – 15 Months (Maternity Cover)