As the largest integrated forestry business in the UK, and a member of binderholz –
Europe’s leading timber processing operation – BSW Group is a rapidly developing multisite
business, with a turnover in excess of £650m and operations spanning forestry,
sawmilling, timber manufacturing and energy.
Tilhill has, over the last 70+ years, planted more than 1 billion trees and, as a private
company, has the greatest number of professionally qualified managers. We specialise
in woodland creation and management, timber harvesting and buying, and landscaping.
We strive at all times to provide an unrivalled service to our clients and customers.
We have a fantastic opportunity for you to join us as a key senior member of our South
Scotland Regional Team in the role of Area Manager at a time of unparalleled business
growth and opportunity.
Reporting to the Regional Manager you will lead an area business unit covering
Lanarkshire and Ayrshire to effectively develop and deliver new business opportunities
and foster existing client relationships. Responsible for delivering the agreed targets with
your team across the area, you will ensure that properties and contracts are managed in
accordance with the client’s objectives and to good silvicultural standards.
With prior experience in the forestry or land based sector, you have strong commercial
acumen and ability to build and maintain exceptional relationships with key business
stakeholders including colleagues, clients and contractors. In addition to this, you’ll have:
• Completed or working towards a Degree or Diploma in Forestry, or other land based
• Professional membership of the Institute of Chartered Foresters or another relevant
• IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent accreditations such as Manager’s CSCS card
or SMSTS competency.
• Sound knowledge of the UK Forestry Standard and UKWAS.
• Strong commercial acumen and drive to expand and develop client base.
• Proven people management skills and the ability to motivate & engage teams.
• Experience of FGS woodland creation applications would be beneficial.
• Full UK driving licence.