Bowland Tree Consultancy Ltd. is a well-established and reputable arboricultural consultancy practice based in Preston, Lancashire, with a second office in Penrith, Cumbria. We boast an extensive portfolio of experience, servicing clients locally, regionally and nationally. We are a small yet growing business with big plans for the future, looking for the right person to join our busy team.
We are looking to recruit a qualified and experienced Arboricultural Consultant to join our team on a full- time, permanent basis. The main purpose of the role is to deliver an efficient and effective arboricultural consultancy service in a dynamic, client-focused, commercial environment. The post holder will work flexibly, independently and as part of the team.
Main duties of the role:
- To take responsibility for surveying and inspecting trees for development site assessments and for risk management purposes.
- To prepare associated reports, directly liaising with clients, agents, local planning authorities and members of the public, on behalf of the company and its clients.
- To assist in the management of junior staff, where required, dependent on experience.
The successful candidate will be:
- Self-motivated, diligent, and an effective communicator, with a professional manner and a keen eye for detail; and, able to perform well in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- An arboriculture qualification to a minimum of level 4
- At least 3 years’ experience of surveying trees, report preparation and client liaison
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience in the preparation of fee proposals
- A comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of all relevant arboricultural legislation and guidance, in particular the planning system and BS5837:2012
- Strong tree, pest and disease identification skills and a good understanding of tree biology and tree biomechanics
- An understanding and appreciation of project budgetary constraints and targets
- Computer and IT literate, with experience in using Microsoft Office products and, preferably, AutoCAD
- A full UK driving licence