We regret to inform members of two fatalities in the sector.
Initial fatal notification (2022-04) – worker killed from contact with machinery
Initial fatal notification (2022-05) – person struck by tree during felling work
Please ensure you are aware of the following health and safety guidance:
- Risks to users from firewood processing machines (hse.gov.uk)
- FISA 607 Firewood Processors
- Safe use of work equipment. Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998. Approved Code of Practice and guidance L22 (hse.gov.uk)
- HSE Tree work health & safety
- Arboriculture Association website
- Forestry Industry Safety Accord (FISA) – specifically FISA 301 Chainsaw use and FISA 302 Chainsaw felling.