2019 ICF & Confor South West: Growing Oak and Adding ValueBook now
We are all familiar with oak, however not always fortunate enough to work with or have high-quality oak. Don’t miss this opportunity to look at oak from initial planting through to end use. You will have the chance to visit two woodland sites.
You will discuss and explore the following:
- History of oak
- Pests and diseases – Grey Squirrel Control
- Silviculture of oak – Graham Taylor MBE MICFor, Pryor & Rickett Silviculture
- Marketing of oak – UK Hardwoods and Graham Taylor MBE MICFor, Pryor & Rickett Silviculture
- Sawmilling and defects (live demonstration) – Anton Coaker
- Measurement and grading – UK Hardwoods
- End uses of oak – Bernard Dru and UK Hardwoods
- Continuous Cover with oak – Major Tree Services
Please bring appropriate clothing and footwear for the site visits.