2019 ICF Northern Ireland: Parkanaur Forest
The ICF Northern Ireland Regional Group invites you to attend their autumn field event in association with the Royal Forestry Society (RFS) and hosted by the Northern Ireland (NI) Forest Service and Speedwell Trust.
- 10:00 – Meet in Speedwell Trust buildings in the courtyard beside the car park. Tea and coffee will be provided on arrival.
- 10:30 – Welcome and introduction to the history and current management objectives of the forest (Kenny Acheson, NI Forest Service)
- 10:45 – Stop 1: The use of Parkanaur forest for children’s education (Fergus Cooper OBE, Interim Director, Speedwell Trust. Stop 2: The challenges of controlling invasive plant species in a long-established woodland (Kenny Acheson, NI Forest Service)
- 12:30 – Lunch (please bring a packed lunch)
- 13:30 – Stop 3: Options for Lower Impact Silvicultural Systems in a high recreation forest (Colin Reilly, NI Forest Service). Stop 4: Management of a deer enclosure with a unique herd of white fallow deer (Kenny Acheson, NI Forest Service)
- 15:30- Close of meeting
- 15:35 – RFS Northern Ireland Division’s AGM for RFS members only
Tea and coffee will be provided, delegates must bring packed lunch with them.