ICF & FFF: Ash Dieback – Next Steps (FULLY BOOKED)Book now
This workshop will allow Arboriculturists and Foresters to better understand what the next steps are once Ash Dieback has been confirmed.
- Overview of the disease – Forest Research
- Management process: Identifying high and low risk trees and how these are managed – Chris Jones, NRW
- Legislation around felling and uses – Welsh Government (TBC)
- Operational Management: Health and Safety – Dai Jones, HW Forestry and Liam Morris, ArboCulture
- Market Place: What can the timber be used for? – Graham Taylor, Pryor & Rickett and Dermot Doyne, Whitney Sawmills
- Communications: How do Foresters and Arboriculturists best communicate with the public? (Including case study) – Hugh Williams, FC and Welsh Government (TBC)
Who should attend
Foresters and Arboriculturists living or working in Wales.
- To provide an update on Chalara
- To increase understanding of how to deal with Chalara – from diagnosis and management process to felling and market opportunities
- To provide the opportunity to ask specific Chalara questions
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be available on arrival. Lunch will also be provided.
This event is subsidised by the Welsh Government and so is currently open only to those living or working in Wales.
Tickets for this event must be booked online through Focus on Forestry First at https://www.focusonforestryfirst.co.uk/event-calendar/26f-icfad
For further details about this event, contact the Institute’s Development Director, Louise Simpson
Directions & Parking