Creating Value from Woodland – new opportunities in the Northern ForestBook now
The Institute of Chartered Foresters, the Mersey Forest and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) invite you to a joint event focused on the value of woodland creation and management.
In light of changing land management priorities and the plans for planting 50 million trees as part of the Northern Forest announced in the government’s 25 Year Plan for the Environment, the Institute, Mersey Forest and RICS are bringing together an exceptional team of speakers to highlight current opportunities and challenge traditional thinking around this often undervalued asset class.
This is a great opportunity for professional foresters and rural surveyors, land agents and land owners, to get together and take a fresh look at where woodland could be adding value.
- Fenning Welstead FICFor – Partner, John Clegg & Company
- Patrick Begg – Rural Enterprises Director, National Trust
- Shireen Chambers FICFor – Executive Director, Institute of Chartered Foresters
- John Lockhart FRICS – Chairman, Lockhart Garratt
- Paul Nolan MICFor – Director, The Mersey Forest
- Graham Taylor MBE MICFor – Director, Pryor & Rickett Silviculture
What will be covered?
- Opportunities for woodland creation and management – changing political landscape
- The value of woodland creation – forestry makes commercial sense
- Natural Capital opportunities for woodland
- Natural Infrastructure Schemes – a National Trust perspective
- Northern Forest – New opportunities
- Forestry management
12:15 Registration and Buffet Lunch
14:45 Tea/Coffee and Networking