ICF Associate Member
Associate membership is available to all those who want to work towards becoming chartered. You will have completed your initial education in forestry, arboriculture or a related subject and are either already employed or looking to join the sector.
Alternatively, you may have decided on a change of career and have started working or are looking for employment in the tree profession and wish to gain a professional qualification in forestry or arboriculture. From whatever route you arrive, Associate membership is the start of becoming a qualified professional. Because the Institute is the UK’s professional body charged with setting the entry qualifications for professionals in our sector, becoming chartered is one of the main reasons to join the Institute. For this reason you must commit to becoming a Professional member within 15 years of joining as an Associate.
- Quarterly Chartered Forester magazine
- Priority booking for ICF national events
- Access to Members’ Area of ICF website with member-only resources
- CPD opportunities and online recording
- Structured support for undertaking chartership process
- Access to LinkedIn members’ discussion group